Thu, Apr 28|
Evaluation of Engagement
Discover how to evaluate public engagement to record impact, give your audience a strong voice and measure success.
Time & Location
Apr 28, 2022, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
About The Event
This workshop will guide you through the best evaluation processes showing you When, Why and crucially How to use evaluation to give you reliable and clear data. Demonstrate success to funders; record Impact for REF; learn how to improve your processes and have a better understanding of the people you are connecting with.
- Understand the purposes, uses and limitations of evaluation
- Apply event-appropriate evaluation methods in multiple scenarios
- Prepare useful, answerable and relevant evaluation questions
- Devise and deliver your own evaluation plan
Main Content Sections
The workshop is designed to have lots of opportunity for debate, discussion and activity. Starting with an introduction to the topics participants will have the opportunity to see some best (and worst) practise examples with activities designed to give a practical working knowledge of evaluation processes.
- When and Why to evaluate Short introduction looking at when and when not to evaluate and what you can hope to get from it.
- Clarifying objectives How to crystallise your engagement objectives into clear and monitorable outputs and outcomes.
- Evaluation methods and tools Exploring the various methods for audience data capture along with the advantages and limitations of each.
- Impact narrative How to tell the story of your project to demonstrate the impact it has had. This section shows how to use the data and testimonies gathered to maximum effect.
- Question preparation i) What to ask: looking at how to turn engagement objectives into evaluation questions ii) How to ask it: Looking at phrasing and format of questions.
- Questions, discussion Dealing with matters arising over the day and ensuring all the submitted questions have been answered. Participants will also be invited to bring specific examples or topics for group analysis.
Trainer Jamie is an award-winning freelance communicator and engagement professional with ten years’ experience in the delivery and evaluation of quality engagement projects. Working across dozens of institutions and subject areas he has helped researchers improve the reach, profile and impact of research engagement in almost every academic discipline. He has delivered training across Europe, Africa and Asia.
Specialising in evaluation Jamie provides consultancy services to charities and universities helping them to demonstrate their impact and understand their audiences and stakeholders.
Discounted unwaged ticket
If you are an unwaged worker or volunteer you can choose to book a discounted place on this course.£25.00Sold Out